Guidelines for Breeders Referred Through TTCA Breeder Referral
Every breeder whose name appears on the list distributed either orally or in writing, agrees to these terms by signing the agreement. In addition to adhering to the Tibetan Terrier Club of America, Inc. Guidelines for Responsible Breeders, each breeder referred through the TTCA Breeder Referral Coordinator agrees to the following.
- Breeder will provide a written sales contract containing a statement as to the health of the puppy. The health of the puppy shall be guaranteed for a minimum of 72 hours and made with the understanding that the purchaser’s veterinarian shall check the puppy within 72 hours and if the puppy is unfit for sale, the puppy may be returned for replacement or full refund. Additionally, the written contract should specify how the breeder would honor a refund or replacement that may be necessary due to unforeseen circumstances.
- No dog or bitch will be bred before the age of two. Breeder will provide copies of hip and current eye examinations of sire and dam, to puppy buyers prior to purchase. In the event that current eye and hip examinations are listed on the CERF, OFA or PennHIP listings, providing a copy of these lists will be sufficient. It shall not be a requirement to have CERF, OFA and PennHIP forms, but breeder must provide proof in writing that hips were x-rayed and evaluated after the age of 2 years (12 months for PennHIP) and eyes have been examined within the last 12 months.
- Parents of all litters bred by members of the Breeder Referral List shall be DNA tested for NCL and PLL (or “clear by parentage” as per OFA) and their results listed on OFA’s website. No dogs will be bred together that could produce puppies that are “affected”/ “genotypically affected” for NCL or “affected/high risk” for PLL. (effective for litters born in 2014 and after)
- Breeder will provide a written recommendation as to feeding, general care, housebreaking, training, medical care, and grooming.
- Breeder will be willing to take back a dog at any time in its life. However, if a dog falls into the hands of TTCA RESCUE and breeder is unable to physically take the dog back, breeder may offer support in other ways, i.e., financial or assistance in placement of dog. Breeder understands that failure to assist TTCA RESCUE in placements of his/her breeding shall result in removal for TTCA Breeder Referral List for a period of 12 months.
- No puppy will be placed in a new home prior to 8 weeks of age.
- Health records showing dates and types of immunizations and worming shall be provided to all new buyers.
- Registration papers for the puppy will be supplied to the new owner at the time of the sale, unless otherwise agreed to in writing. Contingencies in sales contract may include but not be limited to proof of spay or neutering and will be signed by the seller and the buyer. Also, a written minimum pedigree of a least 3 generations for the puppy sold will be provided either prior to or at the time of sale.
- Courteous assistance should be given to potential puppy buyers when these inquiries are received through TTCA Breeder Referral. You are representing TTCA and quality Tibetan Terriers. Educating the serious purchaser will ensure that puppies are placed into homes that will endure.
updated December 27, 2016